So what actually is Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra is otherwise known as Yogic Sleep.
It is an awakened sleep practice performed while laying or seated comfortably. In this practice, you will be taken on a guided meditation journey leading you into the “in between”; that space between being awake and being asleep. Within this space, a dream will be induced taking you into a state of consciousness that can bring about immense healing in your conscious, subconscious, and unconscious mind.
Yoga Nidra sessions can be personalized to your exact experience or they can follow common themes in life like sad/happy, pain/pleasure, rejection/acceptance, and so on.
What are the benefits?
- Relaxes the nervous systems + reconnects you to your body
- Heightens creativity + intuition
- Formulates new neural pathways in the brain, helping one to go beyond the realm of human suffering and transcend into new + positive ways of thinking + being
- Aids in the acknowledging and processing of emotions, cultivating greater resilience
- Can purge stored emotions, fears, and desires from the subconscious + unconscious mind
- A safe + transformative practice for anxiety, PTSD, and depression
Do you need prior Yoga Experience?
You do not need to be experienced in yoga to practice Yoga Nidra. It is a practice that everyone can do. It’s easy to follow at any age. All your body needs to do is lie down or sit comfortably with eyes closed or open. Stillness is encouraged in this practice but it is never mandatory. You can always move and adjust as you need to.
Coming Soon: A Unique Experience offered by Kate at the Asheville Salt Cave:
All Yoga Nidra experiences with Kate are infused with Usui Holy Fire®III Karuna® + New Earth Reiki. Through the weaving of the energies of Yoga Nidra + Reiki, we will unearth the roots, merge the conscious, subconscious, and unconscious energies, rest, rejuvenate, and awaken to our power.
Check out our Events Page here