Have you tried our boo boo stones?
What is a boo boo stone you may ask?
They are a multi-versatile pure salt tool we use here at the Asheville Salt Cave and you can also use them for at home self care.
Salt has been used to enhance healing throughout centuries. One of the many ways folks are using salt today is in massage services. Specially shaped Himalayan salt “stones” are heated to provide a unique therapeutic massage that offers salt’s healing benefits to the massage service. At Asheville Salt Cave all of our massage services come with a touch of hot salt stones, or you can book yourself a luxurious full body hot salt stone massage.
These salt stones can be used in a variety of ways at home, from sore muscles, to bug bites and acne, as well as eczema or other skin issues.
Here are some benefits of a Himalayan Salt Stone Massage
- When salt stones are heated and combined with therapeutic massage, a signal is sent to the body to turn off the stress response and turn on the relaxation state of being. Our muscles begin to relax, this allows the therapist to soften the tissues so they can work more therapeutically on problem areas.
- Himalayan salt contain 84 trace minerals that are absorbed by your body during massage, helping to replenish minerals like iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Negative ions create positive vibes (Our motto here at the salt cave). Too many positive ions in the body leads to inflammation and the body feeling out of whack. Positive ions come from computers, cell phones, whereas negative ions come from waterfalls, thunderstorms, and salt caves.
- Using these types of salt stones on the body can help reduce inflammation in the muscles and joints.
- Himalayan Salt is naturally antimicrobial, antiviral, antibacterial. It helps to detoxify and nourish your skin and body.
- Using these salt stones on bug bites or other skin conditions like eczema or acne can helps alleviate the inflammation at the site of the wound and begin to heal the skin.
Some tips for usage and storage
Store your stones in a cool, dry space. Liquid can dissolve and deteriorate the salt stones, so it is important to pat them dry immediately after any application that requires getting them wet. Use a damp towel, rubbing alcohol, or lemon juice to wipe over the surface of your stones and remove any build-up.
Washing your stones while they are still warm can damage the surface and decrease the stone’s lifespan, so be sure to let your stone to return to room temperature before washing.
Using a wet salt bar directly on sensitive skin may cause irritation, as pure salt is highly concentrated. We recommend testing a small area of skin first.
COLD use: Place your stones in the fridge or freezer to keep them cold. Cold stones can be used on bumps, bug bites, and bruises to help decrease inflammation and soothe pain.
HOT use: Place your stones in a crock pot, oven, or toaster oven and turn on to a LOW setting to slowly warm the stones (wait about 30 minutes for them to be fully heated). Use the heated stones to help relax tense muscles, alleviate soreness, and decrease pain.
**When warming stones from the fridge, place on counter and allow them to return to room temperature before warming to ensure they won’t crack or break.
** We do not recommend putting them in a microwave.